Friday, December 02, 2005

Refocused

I am sorry that I have been away for sooo long. I have been trying to get myself refocused in many areas of my life. I hope that I will still have some readership here upon my return. I decided that I would change the direction of my blog somewhat. While I will continue to have it be health topic related, I will occassionally, share particularly amazing story from my practice. These will be shared anonymously of course to protect all real people from harm. The following examples I use are from recent weeks and highlight the human spirit.

I have two people in my practice who have recently dealt with some severe health challenges. Both involving cancers. Both these people have lost partial function of there bodies and or senses. In each case the patients have after the initial shock and emotion, picked themselves up and go back to living. They have chosen to be happy inspite of life's setback to them. I have often wondered after having the honor of working on and with these people what I have to complain about.

I would ask you to do the same. If you are suffering, look around you. There are those who have it far worse. Sometimes that is the only thing we can do to get us out of a "woe as me funk". We really do have abundant blessings even in the worst of times. Have a great weekend.

Steve

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have wondered if you were ever going to come back.
Being one of your patients, I've gone back to re-read some of the books that you've recommended. I am currently reading "Happines is a Choice" again. When I am unhappy, I have terrible headaches and become very sluggish and I get a general feeling that life is simply too hard. Your practice has helped me to look at all sides of my health...not just the physical end of it. I feel better now then I have in a very long time. I hope your refocusing time has brought you some renewed strength and resolve. You are a blessing to many people. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home