Friday, February 01, 2008

When do we start questioning modern psychiatry

I really can't say much about this. 25-30% of my patients now seem to be on some type of psychiatric or anti-depression medication. If I were to look at the patients that see a psychiatrist, the percentages would be much higher. My question is: "If you are going to the psychiatrist for some severe psychological condition or you are suicidal, does becoming more suicidal worsen your condition or is it a good thing ? The answer seems obvious but these drugs are being pushed with new vigor and strength by many in the psychiatric world. Please take a read, the article was a little troubling for me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psychiatry and Psychology is a very difficult field, it seems. So much of it is guess work, trials and errors. Meds scare me and I prefer not being on them at all.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, check out UTube/ Charlie Chaplain, the fourth one down the list where he is dressed like Hitler. This was his first speaking movie and it is around 1938. See how progressive his thinking is.

This clip is wonderful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home