Sunday, July 09, 2006

Breast Feeders of the World Unite

You may remember a few days ago that I posted on Breastfeeding and its many benefits. This was enlighten of an article written about a Victoria's Secret store that prevented and even banished a mom from the store for wanting to discreetly nurse her child.

Well Victoria's is not going to like this but the article above leans against them. I have special interest in this because my son was born at 1 pound 10 ounces which is below the study weight of 2 pounds 3 ounces or less. This is not the first study to point to the benefits of breast feeding over formula feeding. Not just for bonding but for mental and neurologic development. Take a read, you may feel more supported in your decision to breastfeed.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that there is a link between breastfeeding and bed wetting as well. A friend of mine has a son who is 12 yrs old and still wets his bed. He has never been breastfed. Could their be a link?

I think it is great that you as a male doctor encourage women to take heart and continue to breastfeed. I loved breastfeeding my babies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home