Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Men Can Now Be Responsible for Reproductive Health.... Never Happen

I believe in theory this is a good idea. For too many years women have primarily been the sole individuals in sexual relationships that have carried the burden of "protection". This is not to say some men don't feel it is also their duty or responsibility to be concerned. It historically has been an area that women have been more responsible for, since they carry the resulting pregnancy. Now men can be responsible too. Do I think this new sperm killing medication will take hold. Well yes and no.

Yes, because men can then never be shackled with an unwanted pregnancy and a women that wants to gold dig their money

No, because men don't want to have to damage their bodies with the side effects that temporary sterility medications create.

I may be proved wrong but this is my initial thought. I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts are.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, in theory this is a great idea. But side affects have caused many women to abandon birth control as well. It would be great,though, if there was something in place to avoid so many unwanted pregnacies and babies coming into this world.

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is actually very funny because most men that I know would not be necessarily willing to do anything that would possibly interfer with their"manhood". Once we decided not to have anymore children, I asked my husband to have himself fixed. He managed to set three different appointments up and every single time he chickend out at the last minute. I finally gave in and had to schedule an outpatient procedure to have my tubes tight. Sigh! I'm not sure it would be that different with taking anything unless the man would really educate himself well before hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home