Medical Fertility - Not Much Bang for The Buck
This study mentioned in this article sort of proves what I have always thought. Fertility treatment is about as good as throwing a dart at a dart board and trying to hit a bulls-eye. But it sure costs alot and is big business for pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical practice alike. I know this article mentions people that have at least a 30-40 percent chance of conceiving within twelve months but how the heck are we supposed to know this anyway. C'mon. That is crazy. If people knew that they had a chance of being pregnant in the next 12 months at an odds of thirty to forty percent they might not be using fertility treatment anyway.
Anyhoo, I would suggest a few other more mundane and less costly options first:
1. Assessing hormone levels with saliva testing to determine progesterone levels
2. Decrease Stress anyway you know how
3. Have more sex with your spouse
4. Eat organic foods as much as possible to avoid additional contaminants in your diet
5. Evaluate Copper and Zinc levels for women and men
6. Consider N.E.T. (www.netmindbody.com) or counseling to resolve issues with whoever you are trying to make a baby with.
7. Acupuncture treatment for fertility. Some promising preliminary information on this topic. Of course no one is funding studies with billions of dollars because if it were proved to work the economic machine called "fertility specialist" would be gone.
And there are more where this list leaves off.
Have a great weekend and happy baby or no baby making