Change Your Paradigm About Health Insurance
if you click on the title above you can get the bad news first hand. Guess what ? Your insurance premiums are going to rise again. They will continue this pattern for the next 20-30 years as the baby boomers hit retirement age and begin to access the medical system with greater regularity. So what does this mean ? It means the following:
1. Expect to pay more each year for your insurance. Your deductibles will continually rise. coinsurance and copay amounts will go up, all the while trying to make you feel sorry that they are operating at a supposed loss.
2. Expect your insurance to cover less of the things that you are looking for in the health care arean. These would be natural alternatives such as chiropractic, naturopathy, emotional release techniques, natural dentistry and energetic techniques such as acupuncture and a host of others. So in effect you are getting less coverage and paying more.
3. Health insurance will continue to cover deathbed interventions and invasive surgeries 100%, but will not cover the preventative care that would have stopped the necessity of surgery or deathbed intervention.
4. Increasing fee cutting to your health care practitioner of choice and increase premiums to you mean someone is making a lot of money. I will give you three guesses on who that is and the first two don't count.
5. You will increasingly see the need to follow what you know to be right for the healthcare of you and your family regardless of whether it is covered by your insurance. I constantly tell patients at my office not to let their insurance company dictate what type and frequency of healthcare they get. If you do you will constantly find yourself in a sickness model of healthcare on an increasing number of pharmaceutical drugs, all the while your quality of life diminishing. It is your responsibility to do what you know to be helpful. The insurance company in the end really doesn't care a lot about whether you get well, their main focus is reducing claims, pure and simple.
Hope that this brings up some interesting discussion at home and in the office.
Have a great night
There are so many others but I will stop here.